Information

24 April 2011

Inspiration

I am currently pulling together a sort of mood board for the redesign of Ophelia's Swim Team. It's funny I have an easy time working on things for other people but find it impossible to design myself a custom header. I love this blog but it does not look the way I want it to.
The problem is, I'm not sure how I want this blog to look! I want this blog to really reflect me as a person. But, I have a lot of diverse interests and I worry that it is impossible to capture them all. Also, I am hopeless at choosing typefaces. The choices are endless and I have a deep respect for professional graphic designers. I know it is not easy.
sigh, so perfect
Color is something I think about a lot. Even if I try to stick to a monochromatic color I end up putting more color. I am attracted to the artwork of Jim Houser, someone who I think has a very unique sense of color.
I'm sort of obsessed with the stacked amps and boxes...

I love the composition!
Website/blog design I love:
  • anthropologie I like things that are vintage-inspired but have a very clean look. Anthropologie has a romantic, sweet aesthetic that makes me want their stuff even more. 
  • stefanie storm Feminine with muted tones, I love this blog design! 
  • a beautiful mess I love the handwritten script and the fact that the header is a photograph of the author cutting out letters to spell the name of the blog. So sweet! 
  • from me to you  My friend Jeanna sent me this link. I love how dimensional everything on the page is.
Sites of general inspiration:
from HonestlyWTF
  • HonestlyWTF I love this blog! Every day I look at it I am inspired. This blog always has really awesome DIYs, brilliant photos, and just stuff I like. 
  • fashiontoast I have an unhealthy obsession with Rumi Neely's outfit posts. She has effortless style - really bohemian yet elegant at the same time. Also, she is so pretty it is ridiculous - mixed race people of the world represent!
  • designsponge Another blog I check every day. So many beautiful homes and objects to admire.
  • free people Sigh. I want everything free people makes. 

No comments: